Friday 20 May 2011

Maths...A Numerical Terror

I have met two types of homo species in my life, one who likes maths and others who have to like maths. Whenever i see a geek with thick glasses and sticky hair, i get even more terrified wondering how a Maths book can suck out lives out of innocent nerds. Till the present day i am not able to figure out if i was not able to excel in my maths exams due to fever previous night or i had fever because of the maths exam next day.
                                                       Till 5th Standard it was fun to add, subtract or to divide but when 'Root' entered the roots of maths then the game got spoiled and it got scary till 8th. Afterward 'root' called in all its relatives cubes, theorems, Sin q, cos q, probability, equations and maths book haunted me liked a Ramgopal verma shitter.
                                                                I still wonder why the 'X' is unknown till date even after timeless efforts from Aarybhat, Ramanuj and Hopkins, Pity we always have to assume it or why Ram and Mohan always walk in different directions with diffrent speeds or why shayam keeps selling his goods on 10% loss. Seriously since 8th standard i used to wonder how a 'square root' would help me in earning my livings or a theorem problem was more serious than my 'pimple problem'.
                                                                     Nevertheless i pushed it along till 10th standard by taking tut-ions from a bald man for whom life was a sudoku and seriousness was as precious as virginity for a nun. I was relieved now and opted for commerce in secondary school. Quite obviously i avoided maths just like congress spit away kalmadi after commonwealth games. Due to my affection with simple computation i was able to excel in Accounts and Economics and i was beaming at the prospects of no more x+y(x-y).
                                                But as Himesh keeps coming back and spoiling up moods, dragon of maths once again rose up, in one of the semester of  my intedegraded...oops integrated MBA course and i was shivering likeBhutan( against China). In first two efforts i was quite understandably  not able to get success. But all thanxs to hellbent University rules (by whom even a Dolly Bindra can get a Ph.D) I got a third chance. I tried really hard to prepare but couldn't help myself in feeling like a Munaf Patel against a hat-trick ball by nasty Malinga. But during exam one of my super junior told me one question was out of syllabus( honestly i had no idea about the syllabus). By virtue of that divine alien question i was blessed with 14 grace marks and was able to conquer a long time enemy.
                                                           
                                                               I hope it gets over here because i have no more zeal left to face another punch from the demon. I am happy in contributing what india has already contributed to maths.....A big round ZERO.............       

1 comment:

  1. maths.... is nt evn so scornful d way u pretended it to be well... wht its smthing feels d way u proved ur points & notches so diligently .. but i liked d way u pursued wid ample of serrations... but honestly glad 2 read a fresh blog after so long... other wise it was kinda routine to go thru shitty literature being a part of some1s so - called attempts!!!



    really Appreciable!!!
    :)

    glad.....
    Manisha Kaushik!

    ReplyDelete